Can Amedisys Inc (NASDAQ:AMED)’s Tomorrow Be Different? The Stock Had Decline in Shorts

October 2, 2018 - By Ash

Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) Logo

Investors sentiment increased to 1.16 in Q2 2018. Its up 0.03, from 1.13 in 2018Q1. It increased, as 20 investors sold Amedisys, Inc. shares while 62 reduced holdings. 43 funds opened positions while 52 raised stakes. 29.10 million shares or 7.17% less from 31.35 million shares in 2018Q1 were reported.
C M Bidwell Associates Limited reported 0.12% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED). 21,137 are owned by Manufacturers Life Insurance The. Etrade Capital invested in 0.02% or 6,412 shares. Legal & General Group Incorporated Public Ltd Co, a United Kingdom-based fund reported 61,770 shares. The New York-based National Bank & Trust Of New York Mellon has invested 0.02% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED). Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania School Empls Retrmt Sys owns 6,053 shares. Missouri-based Parkside National Bank & Trust Trust has invested 0% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED). Massachusetts-based Eaton Vance Mgmt has invested 0.06% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED). Timessquare Mngmt Ltd Liability Corporation holds 0.19% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) or 328,965 shares. Argent Mngmt Ltd Limited Liability Company stated it has 10,876 shares or 0.03% of all its holdings. Glob X Mngmt Co Ltd Com owns 574 shares. Orbimed Advisors Lc has 0.17% invested in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) for 171,100 shares. Federated Investors Pa, Pennsylvania-based fund reported 87,012 shares. Advisory Svcs Network Ltd Liability accumulated 1,020 shares. The California-based Eqis Capital Inc has invested 0.04% in Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED).

Since May 11, 2018, it had 0 buys, and 9 insider sales for $183.27 million activity. $180.27 million worth of Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) was sold by KKR Credit Advisors (US) LLC on Monday, June 4. Pearce David B. sold $331,874 worth of stock or 4,643 shares. Shares for $329,467 were sold by NETTERVILLE JAKE L on Tuesday, June 12. Rideout Jeffrey A had sold 1,528 shares worth $120,192. On Thursday, June 7 Kemmerly David L sold $474,129 worth of Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) or 6,000 shares. North Michael Paul sold $786,708 worth of stock.

The stock of Amedisys Inc (NASDAQ:AMED) registered a decrease of 1.49% in short interest. AMED’s total short interest was 936,800 shares in October as published by FINRA. Its down 1.49% from 951,000 shares, reported previously. With 311,500 shares average volume, it will take short sellers 3 days to cover their AMED’s short positions. The short interest to Amedisys Inc’s float is 2.98%.

The stock decreased 1.12% or $1.4 during the last trading session, reaching $123.56. About 350,601 shares traded. Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) has risen 129.84% since October 2, 2017 and is uptrending. It has outperformed by 114.22% the S&P500.

Amedisys, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides healthcare services in the United States. The company has market cap of $3.93 billion. It operates through three divisions: Home Health, Hospice, and Personal Care. It has a 59.69 P/E ratio. The Home Health segment offers a range of services in the homes of individuals for the recovery of patients from surgery, chronic disability, or terminal illness, as well as prevents avoidable hospital readmissions through its skilled nurses, physical and speech therapists, occupational therapists, and aides for its patients to complete their important personal tasks.

Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) Ratings Coverage

Among 5 analysts covering Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED), 2 have Buy rating, 0 Sell and 3 Hold. Therefore 40% are positive. Amedisys had 8 analyst reports since April 17, 2018 according to SRatingsIntel. The firm has “Buy” rating by Bank of America given on Tuesday, September 18. The stock of Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) has “Buy” rating given on Tuesday, July 3 by Bank of America. The stock of Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) has “Buy” rating given on Tuesday, April 17 by SunTrust. The stock of Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) earned “Neutral” rating by Bank of America on Tuesday, June 5. Robert W. Baird maintained it with “Neutral” rating and $72 target in Tuesday, June 5 report. The company was maintained on Tuesday, May 8 by Robert W. Baird.

More recent Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) news were published by: Globenewswire.com which released: “Amedisys Closes on Massachusetts Personal Care Acquisition” on October 02, 2018. Also Nasdaq.com published the news titled: “Amedisys Wins 15 Aster Awards for Home Health and Hospice Marketing” on September 11, 2018. Seekingalpha.com‘s news article titled: “Amedisys Is A Solid Buy Opportunity In 2018” with publication date: September 17, 2018 was also an interesting one.

Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMED) Institutional Positions Chart

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with our FREE daily email newsletter.

By

>